Thursday, July 1, 2010

Three Years

Sometime in the next few days (either the 3rd or the 7th) I will "celebrate" 3 years at Target. Yay? Some would argue that it's bad that I've been at the same place for that long and haven't really moved up while others, me included generally, would argue it's good to have had a stable job and the lack of moving up is the lack of ability to work full time for more than 3 months at a time. As annoying as Target can be, it's not a terrible job and there's a decent sense of loyalty there for me. While there's always a little bit of a feeling of lack of appreciation, I'm glad they're so flexible with time off and leaves of absences. I don't think I've gotten any time off requests denied that I've submitted on time.

But anyway enough of that. To celebrate this joyous occasion, I'm going to complain. I already did thisto a certain extent but there's more!

The Teenage Bystander
Is texting and/or on the phone. If not, is reading a magazine that will be put back in 2 minutes. Ignores the stack of 6 bags cashier is trying to keep from falling off the counter. Does not help parent with bags. Seems generally unhappy to be there, even though parent is paying for multiple things that are theirs.

I was gong to have Ignorant Parent in this place but I realize that parenting is harder than I probably realize. But still guys, please try to keep your kid from screaming uncontrollably in public and/or putting random items on the belt that you do not want and/or wandering off to look at something. But still, this is less awful as I understand that there are probably days where you just stop caring.

The Unknowing Credit Card Applicant
Is shocked when 10% discount does not apply if instant approval doesn't happen. Thinks Target is stealing their information if disapproved. Is shocked at the amount of information asked in the process. And people wonder why I hate asking people if they want a red card.

To add to Unnecessarily Irate
Is angry if they can't read entire agreement when signing for a credit card transaction, even if me pressing total earlier would have resulted in her not reading it and the high unlikelihood that it says anything objectionable when exchanging currency for goods.

Again, there might be more. But I don't always remember these things that well if I think of them at the time.

1 comment: