Friday, September 10, 2010

Ah, summer

No, blog, I haven't forgotten about you. I've just had extended writer's block and been busy having an amazing summer.My lack of posts may or may not coincide with an introduction of a new segment of my life that has kept me busy. I'm definitely not looking forward to summer ending and having non-work responsibilities. I feel like there was more that I wanted to do this summer that I couldn't get done. In June, summer feels endless but in September, it can't feel any shorter. I didn't spend as much time with friends as I wanted to. I never picked cherries with Alyana or went to a Mariners game with Shun or went to Canada with any of my underage-in-America buddies. I hardly hung out with my favorite Jew. But when I look back on it, I never really felt all that bored. I always had something to do or someone to see, whether it was work or a random meeting with friends or hanging out with my family.

But now I have a smidge over a week left at work and living in Kent. Will I miss work? Miss is a strong word but there are certain aspects I'll miss. The money. Some of the people. Starting to actually work in a part of the store I like. Will I miss Kent? I love the ability to park places for free/without hassle and I will miss easy access to the people I care about most. But there is a certain element of freedom that will come from being back in school. Maybe this will be the year that I actually am a good student and don't just coast by on my intelligence. Maybe I will be more outgoing and make more than a few close friends. I look forward to the new things I will learn this year and hopefully learning whether I actually want to go into business or not. And it will be nice to have people to hang out with just a few doors down from me and not miles away and accessible only by horseless carriage.

So, summer 2010, I will never forget you. You brought me much joy and a little bit of trouble (sorry concrete barrier and Camry! Bye Buddy). And to those who I didn't have a chance to do as much as I wanted to this summer, I did want to and still do want to. I just took the amount of time I would have to do so for granted and didn't embrace the opportunity. But there will be other chances, even once school begins. I hope to have my friends last all year and not just have summer friends and have college friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment